The Ten Safety Protections of POLO Series
The Polo-Series is a low-voltage DC battery system with an operating voltage of 48V and works with a low-voltage inverter to realize the energy storage goal for home applications. Configuration in 16S2P pouch cells, with the advantage of large capacity and small internal resistance, high energy density, improve the battery ratio performance and cycle life, most importantly, the safety. Come with CE, MSDS, and UN38.3 certifications.
With the principle of ‘Safety battery, Safety guard’, we have 10 safe protections of the POLO series:
If BMS failed in protection, the trip unit will provide the same functions as the BMS and the triggered conditions will be including:
- When the temperature sensor is failure
- When The highest voltage of a single cell is greater than the over-voltage protection value of +50mV
- When The lowest voltage of a single cell is less than the Undervoltage protection value of -200mV
- After discharging over current protection, the current is still greater than the value of discharging over currents protection
- After charging over current protection, the current is still greater than the value of charging over currents protection
- It will trigger BMS short circuit protection in 106 microseconds if the BMS short circuit protection current value is greater than 550A ;
- The fuse will be fusing in 0.8 seconds if the short circuit current is 550A;
Therefore, BMS will trigger short circuit protection first and this function can be recovered and can be triggered more than once, and the fuse trigger protects the battery main circuit only when BMS short circuit protection function is failed.
In the burning test, the V0 grade was satisfied to extinguish the fire in 10 seconds.
If the fire spreads to the sensor of aerosol, it will release to extinguish the fire and send the signal to BMS to shut down all the power to keep the battery safe.
7. Automobile class module, designed for more than 15 years of life span, is more reliable.
1) All the painting components and parts are executed with the standard of QC T 484-1999 in the Automobile paint coating.
2) The outside metal box insulation value is exceed 200MΩ.
3) Leakage current is less than 1mA
4) 3000N torque
8. Standardized pack production, TUV certification, more reliable.
The manufacturing technique is the same as PUSUNG-S TUV, more than 400 units manufactured in one day.
9. Full charge prohibition function, refuse to overcharge
The dangerous events usually occurred during charging especially the battery is fully charged. Therefore, When the battery is full charge, SEPLOS BMS will enable the function of Gap charging and keep protecting the battery when the SOC is higher than 96% and refuses to charge.
The battery will share the information with the inverter, for example, the battery will upload maximum charging/discharging currents to the inverter, then the inverter will run the currents as battery requirements.
When the battery is in malfunction warning, the signal will send to the inverter then it will stop working until the warning is gone.